On 18 November, the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR 2023), now in its fifteenth edition, began.
It will involve, as usual, many actors from different categories, in a single international awareness campaign: citizens, public administrations, companies, associations and schools, common focus on the environmental issues of waste reduction as well as their proper management.
At the same time as the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR, 18-26 November 2023), whose focus for this year’s initiatives is the reduction of packaging, in sharp contrast there will also be Black Friday, the event that generates the highest rate of packaging waste of the entire year.
Time of reading: 4 mins
- To minimize disposable items to indispensable situations
- To minimize the use of unnecessary packaging
- To promote the purchase of products with easily recyclable packaging
- To limit the use of containers by reusing them
- To buy products with low environmental impact
- To buy products without packaging or on tap
- To buy products suitable for multiple use and with replaceable parts